Sunday, November 19, 2006

Writing & Upcoming Holidays

I haven't posted in a while. I've been busy trying to make progress on my novel for Nano. It's slow going, but it's going. I'm so far behind on my daily writing goals, but whether I win or not (of course, I'll consider myself a big, fat loser if I don't 'win'), I've learned one important thing from participating...something I've known since I started writing years ago, but always had trouble with--just getting it all down first, not worrying if it's perfect, and then go back when I'm done to polish and edit. I see the numbers and my progress going up as I write and it inspires me like nothing else. I need that! It helps me to turn off my internal editor and just write. I hope I can carry some of this with me once Nano is over and I polish the piece or move on to another project.

With the holidays right around the corner, I plan to get as much writing done as possible before visiting relatives.

No comments: