Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Spring

Spring is in the air. At least most days. I don't think it's made up its mind which way it wants to go yet. One day it's cold, the next warm. No wonder my allergies have been acting up. I had the flu last week, too, which didn't help my productivity. Reading and writing slowed way down and I hate that.

I saw Bridge To Terabithia last Saturday. My youngest son had been wanting to see it, so we finally did. Boy, I was not prepared for the emotional roller coaster ride I went on while watching that movie. It was good, but I swear I cried every other scene. Probably because I could see so much of it in my own life...you have kids, you worry about their well-being, want to protect them from bad things and bad people. I don't want to spoil the movie, so I'll just say it's not your typical fantasy type movie, which is what I thought it was going to be. It had many unexpected layers.

As for writing, I managed a "rejection" on Sunday. The same day, I found a new writing contest that a major publisher is doing. The contest doesn't actually begin until August 1, 2007, so I have a little time to get my idea down. I'm excited about submitting something for that. I also sent off two new poems to an online magazine Monday.

No comments: