Monday, April 16, 2007

Concert

My oldest son went to his first concert yesterday--I say his first because I don't really count the time we saw Evans Blue play for free at Best Buy a concert (as far as usual concerts go), but I suppose it was in a way. A taste of one for him. That day, we bought their first CD, The Melody and the Energetic Nature of Volume. Since then, he's added around 40 other CDs to his collection and gotten a drum set.

Edgefest was yesterday. Big outdoor concert. He went with a friend from school, and they had a good time. Unfortunately, they got there a little later than planned and missed seeing one of their favorite bands play, Bullet For My Valentine. They did manage to see AFI, Muse, Papa Roach and Blue October before it was time for them to leave, and he got a really cool Bullet For My Valentine t-shirt.

I remember the first concert I ever went to. It was Ratt and Bon Jovi in '86 I believe. Seems like so long ago. My ears rang for a week afterward, and I never wanted to do it again.

When did you attend your first concert and who did you see?


No comments: