Monday, April 09, 2007

Easter










I haven't been able to get my pictures to work right lately, but I managed to get this on here. That's Pete and he's guarding the eggs that my youngest son and I decorated. All the time and energy that goes into decorating those things and it takes my boys about two minutes to find all the eggs (hard-boiled and plastic with candy) and individual candy. Of course, it's worth it.

The same goes for writing. All the hard work and time you put into it is worth it. From ideas that form as a small spark to seeing the words flow across the paper (or computer screen), it's a wonderful feeling. Even when I don't think what I've written is worth beans, and I feel like writing isn't much more than a lot of hard work, I still do it because it's who I am and what I do. I can't imagine doing anything else. Other than spending time with my kids, writing is when I'm happiest. You can't beat the sheer joy of just creating.

I think the renewal of spring has me focused where I need to be, and that's a good thing.


No comments: