Saturday, July 14, 2007

Happy Birthday

ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more
Happy Birthday to my oldest!

It's amazing how fast time flies. I can still remember, even before my first son was born--looking like I swallowed a beach ball--how much I loved him already. Then, the day he was born (after 16 hours of labor!), and I finally got to hold his tiny body in my arms, look into those eyes that trusted and needed me. Nothing can really prepare you, and nothing is as precious.

Sometimes you wish you could stay in one place, cherish the moment, never let it go. That's how I feel about watching him grow into a young man. And that he's done, very quickly. Too quickly. His smile, the jokes he shares, every goofy thing he does. It all fills my heart with such joy.

He didn't really want to do anything for his birthday today. He doesn't like people making a big fuss over him. We did go out to eat and saw the new Harry Potter movie, which, by the way, was great! After the movie, we went to pick up a video game he wanted and ran into his younger brother's 1st grade teacher. When she saw the oldest, she said, "Wow! You're getting big," which only reminded me just how much he has grown.

Happy Birthday to a wonderfully funny, handsome, smart guy.

No comments: