Monday, July 09, 2007

Sweat

Day 2

Okay, so I didn't even come close to meeting my writing goal yesterday, but I've made up for it today. To catch up, I wrote 1,500 words this afternoon. Not so bad really, but I hate that I let myself get behind. I need to get better about just sitting my butt in the chair and staying on track.

Today, my youngest started a new art camp and I wrote while he was in class. How, I don't know but I did. Preferably, writing time is peaceful--early in the morning or late at night when everyone and everything is still quiet--but there I was sitting on a bench in the rec center that holds the class, with more than a few distractions going on around me at any given time. Two teenage boys playing racquetball on a court less than six feet in front of me, a group of kids from the Y taking a restroom/drink break and some of them hitting each other over the head with blow up hammers, the teacher's voice from the art class itself down the hall. The amount of noise was crazy.

With a muse that isn't always cooperative, I haven't had much of a set routine--more like take it when and where I can get it--but I think I'll settle into something a little more smooth soon.

This is a late post, but if you haven't seen the writing tip of the day at Alison's blog, go check it out.

P.S. I have an annoying green line going down the right side of my computer screen. If this monitor goes out I'm gonna scream! Now is not the time. Not sure there's ever a good time for that.

No comments: