Monday, July 02, 2007

Vacation

ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more

I just got back today from San Antonio for a short vacation. We got there Saturday afternoon. Checked into the hotel, brought all of our stuff into the room and relaxed for a few minutes. That's all the time it took me to look up the location of a bookstore I'd heard about called Remember the Alibi Mystery Bookstore. It was still hot out, so we decided to kill some time and check out the bookstore before we hit the Riverwalk. The bookstore was about 6 miles from where we stayed, so that was cool. The only bad thing was it had closed an hour before we got there. If I'd known their hours, I could've planned that better. Of course, anyone who travels with kids knows it takes forever to even get out of the house and on the road. At least that's the way it is for us. Anyway, I couldn't resist a peek through the windows. One book in particular that I remember seeing was Barry Eisler's new one. Middle of the store, facing the entrance, not to be overlooked. I couldn't have been more tickled if it'd been my own book. Well, of course I could have, but I always like to see good authors get good attention.

After we left there, we went on to the Riverwalk. They had a big arts and crafts thing going on. We finally stopped to eat at the Hard Rock--my favorite place to eat while there. Then it was back to the hotel.

Sunday, we went to Sea World. Stayed till the rain that came on suddenly and quickly forced us to leave, which was a total bummer. We were there for about 6 hours and still didn't do everything we planned. We saw the Clydesdales first thing, the youngest and his dad took a picture with a python, we relaxed in innertubes in the lazy river for quite a while, went on a water slide, swam in the lost lagoon, ate lunch, fed the dolphins at Dolphin Cove, watched a sting ray feeding, then went back to the horse area to pick up our picture with the snake. That's when it started pouring, so we made our way to get souvenirs, got them, and then left. Unfortunately, we missed seeing any of the shows, but it was a good time even if it did get shortened.

It's also good to be back home.

No comments: