Sunday, August 19, 2007

Another birthday

ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more

The youngest is 9 today. It's amazing how fast they grow. I'd ordered his birthday cake yesterday--he picked out a King Kong themed cake since they didn't have his first choice which was Naruto--and picked it up today on our way to Chuck E. Cheese to meet friends for a small party. I got a few games of Skee Ball (my favorite!) in, and gave him whatever tickets I earned. Even his older brother handed over his ticket receipt so little brother could add it to whatever he already had for when he turned it in for prizes. Brotherly love...it's rare, but so nice when it happens. A little girl who couldn't have been more than 5 years old came by our table at one point, watched the boys being goofy like only boys can, and said, "I like your cake." Maybe she just wanted a piece, I don't know. But she sure was a cute little thing.

I've consumed way too much sugar for one day! Donuts this morning, cake at the party. Ugh! Does the salad I had cancel those out? It's all brain food, right?

For gifts, the youngest got a Transformer from a friend of his. We bought him a green anole (a lizard, in case you didn't know), and a PSP with a game to go with it. We picked up the lizard yesterday. He'd been asking for one for months. As long as it doesn't get any weirder than that, we're okay.

***
Happy birthday to my blonde-haired, blue-eyed, forever-making-me-laugh 9 year old! Always stay as tender and funny as you are.

No comments: