Saturday, September 01, 2007

Happy Labor Day!

Have a safe and fun Labor Day weekend!

Saw a lot of boats on the road today; people taking advantage of the long weekend-summer's last fling, as I've seen it referred to before-to fish or just hang out on the lake. Me, I had a lot of errands to run this morning and also couldn't wait to make today's post about my favorite books I read this summer.

For the eharlequin 10,000 book challenge, I've read 11 books so far since January. Not as many as I'd like, and I buy them faster than I can read them, but I'm trying. This summer, I read five books. I wanted to make this a Top Ten of books read this summer, but since I only read five, I'm picking the top three of those, and they are:

Dirty Martini by J.A. Konrath
Shadow Hawk by Jill Shalvis
Beyond Reach by Karin Slaughter

Karin Slaughter and J.A. Konrath have been favorites of mine for some time. I can't say enough good things about their work. Jill Shalvis was a new find for me this summer, and I always love discovering a new voice. Actually, I'd read one of her books (a Temptation) years ago, and for some reason didn't read any of her other books 'til this summer. This was kind of a re-discovery, and that's always fun, too. I liked Shadow Hawk so much, I checked out her back list and plan to buy several of those. I'm also looking forward to her upcoming releases.

What books did you read this summer? Did a favorite author have a new book out, or did you discover someone new?

No comments: