Saturday, September 08, 2007

TV & Books

I was pleased that I finished a mini goal yesterday (will be more pleased when I actually finish this novella), and treated myself to a night in front of the TV.

I also finished the book I've been reading. Whose Number Is Up, Anyway? by Stevi Mittman. It's a Harlequin Next novel, and I'm beginning to really like those. This is probably the second or third one I've read. They're light and funny and just a joy to read. The covers are eye-catching, which is one of the reasons I picked up this book. Covers do it for me sometimes. The back cover sounded good, too, and that's always a plus.

It starts with Teddi Bayer (don't you love that name?), interior decorator, discovering a corpse in a supermarket deep freeze. Drew Scoones, detective on the case, tries to keep Teddi from sticking her nose where it doesn't belong, and possibly being the next victim. It seems murder follows her everywhere she goes, and so does the detective.

I love their relationship. Teddi is a strong, independent single mom with three kids. Her knack for interior design and trying to solve murders at the same time gets her into trouble, and into the arms of Drew.

The weaving of romance and mystery is perfect. There were a lot of twists and turns and laughs. I can't wait to read more from this author.

No comments: