Sunday, September 02, 2007

Sunday Sweatin'

It would seem my excitement over the Sweat70 challenge has worn off, and I'm left with not much more than frustration. Doubt. A stalled story. Isn't that just fun? I honestly think it was the whole back to school transition that's thrown me off track, because even though I have the day all to myself now, it's almost as if the peace and quiet is so welcome that I don't want to do anything. Including write. As if having to fight against everyone and everything to have a few moments makes the writing come easier. Why is this? Am I the only one that seems to thrive on chaos?

And maybe it's none of those things, but rather me looking for yet another reason to procrastinate (*cringes*). There's a word I'm beginning to dislike: procrastinate. I dislike it so much that I don't want to be the Queen of it anymore. It's almost as bad as writer's block. If you're writing, doing what you set out to do, these things wouldn't exist.

Today's plan? Write past my insecurities even if all that's coming off the keyboard is crap. Even if those characters aren't cooperating.

I've only written 607 words since Wednesday. Working on more today. Total: 18,858

No comments: