Friday, September 14, 2007

Weekend

T.G.I.F.

I have a weekend of writing ahead of me. I've really been dragging the past two days. Hopefully I can stay awake long enough to accomplish more than this blog.

I also finished reading In Bed With the Devil by Susan Mallery last night.



Earlier in the year, I read The Ultimate Millionaire by the same author. From what I remember of that particular book, it was okay.

I don't read a lot of Desire, but In Bed With the Devil called to me. Was it the title? The need to find out more about this dark, dangerous 'devil'...er, man? Maybe it was seeing the author's name, and wanting to give her another try. I was glad I did.

Jack Howington III and Meredith Palmer have a history together. Though they've been apart for ten years, time and distance hasn't stopped the way Meredith feels about Jack. Jack feels it too. He just needs a little extra push. And a push is what he gets when he arrives at Hunter's Landing to find that his best friend's younger sister has grown into a beautiful woman. And she's got one thing in mind...

Good book. I liked the friendship and devotion to each other that Meredith's group of friends portrayed. Jack is a stubborn male, but Meredith, being the strong and independent woman she is, goes after what she wants. Some things are just worth fighting for.

In Bed With the Devil wraps up the Millionaire of the Month series. Somehow I missed the previous books, but plan to check them out.

No comments: