Friday, December 14, 2007

Twelve days of Christmas


On the twelfth day (okay, so I'm late with this post) of Christams the holiday season gave to me...

the urge to crawl into bed, covers up over my head, and stay there until the first of the new year. I guess asking to stay there until spring is too much? Don't mind me, this time of year has that effect on me. The weather is too cold, and the shopping. Blah! Went out yesterday, spent way too much and still forgot the two main things I went out for. While I was out, I ran into another mom I know from my youngest son's school. I must've looked about how I felt because when we met up at the end of an aisle, shopping carts filled to the top, she said, "I know, it's never ending."

At least I only need a few more things. I guess I should be thankful that I've managed that much. It still leaves me time to...bake. Yeah, I dislike cooking, too, but my family seems to have this weird habit of needing to eat every day. For holiday treats I'll be doing fudge and strawberry bread. I've only done the fudge twice, and the strawberry bread every year for the last several years. Both are big hits. Fun to eat, not so much fun to bake. Just takes so much time. Time that I could be doing other things. Like hibernating 'til spring. I mean...writing.

Last movie watched: I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry
What I'm listening to: Brooks & Dunn - Hillbilly Deluxe
What I'm reading: Gods in Alabama by Joshilyn Jackson

No comments: