Friday, January 25, 2008

Candy...or a book?

How 'bout both? I went to the bookstore the other day to get Stephen King's new one, Duma Key. While I was browsing other books, I found The Candy Shop War by Brandon Mull. Loved the cover and the blurb, so I instantly wanted it for the youngest and thought it'd make a great Valentine's gift. It's better than candy, which I'm sure he'll get plenty of anyway. Well, I couldn't wait 'til Valentine's Day to give it to him, so we started reading it the other night. It's good so far. We've only read up to chapter 2, and will continue tonight. I plan to check out the author's Fablehaven series after this.

Also while there, I noticed a table with Valentine gifts for writers. How cool is this quill and ink love letters set?
V-day gift

I'm not a flowers and chocolates kinda girl. Give me books, gift cards to get books, writing tools. Okay, jewelry and stuffed animals work, too.

No comments: