Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Last Night...

I met Brian Freeman! I'm still so stoked about it. I arrived at B&N about 6pm. I'd only been to this particular bookstore one other time years ago, so I wasn't all that familiar with their layout, which was fine since it gave me time to browse all over. Got a new book and book bag. The girl who was checking me out was actually the event coordinator so I talked to her for a few.

I sat and read while I waited. Saw Brian and his wife when they walked in the front doors downstairs. I continued to read until they got all the way upstairs. Gotta be cool and all that. You know, nobody needed to know that my heart was about to beat right out of my chest.

Before Brian started his talk, he walked right up to me and said, "You must be Lynn." He shook my hand (which was probably sweaty and clammy), said it was nice to finally meet me, thanked me for the comments on his blog and that he appreciates it. I said, "No problem." Best moment of the night! Except I'm the biggest dork ever.

He talked for about half an hour then answered questions.

I got all three of my books signed. While he was signing my copies, he asked how my own writing was going. Best moment #2! My mind was screaming, I'm so slow and undisciplined. Help me! But all that came out was, "Good" which might not have amounted to much more than a squeak.

It was a fun time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lynn,
We're both so glad you enjoyed the event last night. I'm just sorry that I didn't get a chance to chat with you, too. I was talking with a couple of folks and by the time I was done, you were already gone. But having read your blog entries, I saw that you weren't feeling well. Hope all is better soon. But I did have to take a moment to thank you for all of your wonderful support of Brian. We both so appreciate it. Marcia