Monday, May 12, 2008

Adventures



I just finished reading The Adventures of Slim & Howdy by Brooks and Dunn. The first time I ever read the liner notes of one of their CDs I remember thinking, this is good stuff, they should write a book. It's where their alter egos, Slim and Howdy, first came into play. Much to my delight, as I'm sure many other fans, Slim and Howdy surface in a comic crime novel waving a trail of dust and trouble everywhere they go. From their initial chance meeting at a used car lot to the kidnapping of a long-time friend, the two encounter some sticky situations with some morally challenged individuals. And do so with charming wit. The sharp dialogue will have you laughing out loud.

This was a fun, wild ride. One I didn't want to end. I highly recommend you get your hands on this book.

No comments: