Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween



It's been almost a year since I blogged last. I debated about just doing away with this blog and starting a new one, but didn't. I'll do better about keeping up.

Did the trick-or-treating thing with my youngest son. Took longer to prepare -- carving the pumpkin, finding his costume in its entirety -- than the actual hunt for treats. He got plenty of these, although he announced that he "only got half a bag" upon our return.

The carving job (not shown) was a template I got from a box of Pringles. Nothing fancy. Easy and fast seems to be the theme as the years go by. Maybe it comes from doing it for both boys for so long, and I've just gotten lazy. At any rate, October will soon be over and I'll be looking at November's month long writing challenge, NaNoWriMo.

This will be my fourth year to participate. Sadly enough, the first three years were all a bust, but I'm looking forward to kicking some bad habits and making this one successful. Why would I expect this time to be any different? I just do. This year has been different. I'm different. I've grown in ways I could never imagine, and am thankful to the people who've been with me on my journey of self-discovery. This time is for them.

Happy writing!

There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. - Anais Nin

No comments: