Sunday, November 01, 2009

Day 1

This morning I was already worried I'd get behind because I was doing things like taking pictures of the cats and other non-committal junk



but I buckled down and got my words in and then some. 1,720 so far. It's total crap really but I have to let it be or I'd never get this done. I think that's what killed me in years past. The inner critic just wouldn't shut up.

At one point, I typed 'Ack' instead of Zak, my hero's name. Freudian slip? Could be. Ack pretty much sums up how I felt about the first 1,100 words. I also don't have a last name for him, or my heroine, so he's just Zac, and she's Abigail Nolastname (for now).

I find it both mildly amusing and frightening that I've even allowed myself that kind of freedom. Getting things done right the first time is just part of my nature, but I guess I'll have to embrace the fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants approach.

Tomorrow, my reward for getting the words done will be to catch up with The Vampire Diaries from Thursday night.

Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart. - William Wordsworth

No comments: