Friday, December 25, 2009

White Christmas

I didn't blog much this year. Earlier in January, I was working on projects around the house -- painting and decorating -- and was well on my way into another project when everything seemed to turn upside down. Just a bunch of personal stuff that I didn't have the energy or want to to blog about. Even my other writing took a nose dive. Proudly enough, the one thing I was able to complete was my NaNoWriMo novel last month. I hope to be more productive from now on.

In the midst of all the craziness that was the first few months of this year, some good things happened. I've learned a lot from some very important people in my life. Things that I've embraced whole heartedly because these people just mean that much to me. I've studied Reiki, listened to some new music that I might not have found otherwise and have even learned to enjoy cooking (at least one of these people knows that I'm a disaster in the kitchen) and on more than one occasion recently I found myself looking at kitchen stuff and getting excited about the purchase of new cutting boards. Simple pleasures and all that.

I look forward to all that the new year has to bring.

No comments: