Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Out with the old, in with the new

Ah, memories!  I was cleaning out the closet Saturday and found my old Paul Stanley doll.  My fascination with Kiss goes way back.  I threw out 5 bags of trash, but kept the good stuff like this that I rediscovered. 

Along with Paul, there were some old cassette tapes.  Wow, does that seem weird! 



And this ring!  I found it and about $15 in change in two different purses.  Not the best picture, but I liked the ring and wore it the rest of the evening.  It's one I got on vacation in Galveston.

I found so much old school stuff that I think it took up much of the 5 bags of trash.  It's amazing what I've kept over the years, even stuff from when the oldest, who is now 16, was in elementary school.  I won't be parting with the cool art work though.  I showed this to the oldest and he said, "What's with the cat's tail?  It looks like it has a flashlight on the end."  I cracked up.  Other than the funny looking tail, I thought this was a really neat drawing.



Another one of his drawings.  I've always liked the scarecrow and the snowman below.










I don't have the picture of it here, but I also found the certificate he received for winning 2nd place in the K-2 grade Old Fashioned Fourth of July Art Contest "What Independence Day means to me and my family" sponsored by the Dallas Library back in 2000.






This is one of my favorites that the youngest did.









Youngest used to draw these cool cars all the time.  This is just one of the many I found when cleaning.





This seahorse was a drawing that the youngest did when he took an elementary cartooning class one summer.  Too cute.








Another drawing from the same art class.  I love the little dog singing in the shower.










So, anyway, the closet looks much better and it was a good experience to get rid of useless clutter.  I don't think I've seen that much of the floor since we moved in almost 8 years ago.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."  -B. Russell

No comments: