Friday, July 30, 2010

Books...They Are An Addiction

I got to cross off another thing from my list of things to do and places to visit today.  Back in May, before Adventure Bookshop, an independent bookstore in downtown Frisco, even opened their doors, I saw their sign when I was just driving through and got all excited about the idea of a bookstore nearby.

The old-house-turned-bookstore has floor to ceiling books in every room (I was in heaven), hard wood floors, and a quiet warmth that only a small, independent can offer. 















Besides my things-to-do list, I also have an ever growing book wish list and was able to find four books from my list on the shelves, including one that wasn't and I've been curious about the particular series.  They carry a good selection of used mysteries, romance, thriller, western, sci-fi, christian and children's books.  I ended up with four cozies and a paranormal. 
























I spent a little bit of time chatting about books and authors with the bookseller.  A friendly man, generous with his time and love of the written word.  He and his wife owned another bookstore in Arkansas before they moved here and opened this one.  Glad to have them and the books.















One of the coolest signs I've ever seen!        

                                               














I'll be back!

2 comments:

ginarose said...

I'd love to visit this bookstore! Thanks for the look inside!

Colorfulpen said...

It was awesome! Looking forward to a return visit.