Monday, August 02, 2010

Mia on Monday - Mia's Story










An even older picture of Mia from her first day with us (6/22/09).  A little background on Miss Mia:  One of my youngest son's friends had a litter of kittens and he wanted to bring one home.  I told him I didn't think it was a good idea because Dee (our older cat) wouldn't like it.  Well, Youngest brought the kitten home in a backpack anyway. Dee took one look at her and growled.  Poor baby just wanted to play with the big grouchy cat. I brought New Kitten into the study with me and she immediately fell asleep on my shoulder.  The little thing had already wiggled her way into my heart.

Next came the naming of the kitten.  Youngest said we could call her "Maybe.  As in maybe we can keep her."  I told him I didn't want to call her Maybe, so I thought of other names, asked him what he thought of Mia, and it stuck.  I told him that was spelled M-I-A.  Oldest said, "That also stands for missing in action."  Which totally suits her.

It took Dee a couple of weeks to get used to her, and she mostly tolerates her now.

Here's a pic of them together.

No comments: