Saturday, August 07, 2010

Shades of Gray















I went to my first painting class last night at Painting with a Twist.  Actually, not sure 'class' is the right word.  More like a fun, creative experience.  The place has only been open for 6 or 7 months and I found out about them in the latest Frisco Style magazine.  Having wanted to take painting classes at some point, I knew this was my chance to try it out.  And I'm glad I did.

The owner and art instructors were all very nice and welcoming.  Everyone's name was written on a specific spot, you find your spot, and everything is already set up - the canvas, paint, brushes, cups of water for cleaning brushes.  The instructor gave step by step directions, sometimes followed by a funny comment.  Like, "Watch the hair or she'll end up looking like Princess Leia."  He, as well as other artists that work there, came around to check and see if anyone needed any help, new brushes, clean water.  Was a good time.
















Some of their display paintings. 













And my painting that I did tonight called Tiffany's.  I should've thought to take a pic of it before I left the place.  Oh well, there's always next time.  Definitely next time.

No comments: