Saturday, January 01, 2011

Happy New Year!

So, here we are, a new year.  I've yet to make any resolutions, and not sure I will other than to maybe write more. I was already looking at a literary fiction mag as a place to submit some work this morning.  I've considered the mag for a while now, but always put it off.  I think I'll stop procrastinating.

Yesterday for dinner we ate at this new sushi restaurant called Big Tree Sushi and Grill.  As an appetizer, we had edamame (soybeans in a pod).  We also ordered sushi and california rolls.  I only like the california rolls.  The husband and Youngest fussed at me for taking out the middle part of the roll, but I say that's where the good stuff is.  The avocado, crab meat, cucumber.  I don't much care for the sticky rice and seaweed it's wrapped in.  Okay, so I eat like a child taking out my favorite part and leaving the rest.  So what?

Sushi and california rolls.


















My dinner.  Shrimp fried rice.


















The complimentary, and very yummy dessert our waitress brought us.  Youngest had already claimed one for himself before I could get a picture of all three pieces.  I'm not even sure what it was, some kind of flaky pastry type thing with a whipped topping and chocolate sauce.  It had a slight banana taste. 

No comments: