Monday, January 17, 2011

Reading Challenge

As usual, I'm late to my own party.

In years past, I’ve participated in the e-harlequin 100 book reading challenge where the goal is to read 100 books in a year. I lost focus halfway through one of those challenges, and decided to do my own personal reading challenge for 2011.

I wanted to read 100 books, but also wanted themes for each month. I was a little overly enthusiastic as I went about creating my list, ending up with 5 books a month. When I was reading my theme ideas to my oldest son, he said, “You’re going to read five books a month?” I stopped and thought. My reading bubble had been burst. I decided to narrow it down to 4 books since that’s a book a week and I can manage that.  At least that's the plan.

Some of the months have the same authors in them, but most of those books are ones that my mom gave me and they've been sitting around here for years, so it's about time to read them and move them out to make more room.


As for the themes and the books I’ll be reading:


January – A place in the title
The Burying Place by Brian Freeman
50 Harbor Street by Debbie Macomber
The Shop on Blossom Street by Debbie Macomber
Texas! Lucky by Sandra Brown


February – Books with ‘love’ or ‘Valentine’s’ in the title
I Love You to Death by Amy Garvey
Ready for Love by Debbie Macomber
Be My Valentine by Debbie Macomber
The Trouble with Valentine’s Day by Rachel Gibson


March – Young Adult titles
Night Star by Alyson Noel
Fallen by Lauren Kate
Fat Vampire by Adam Rex
Need by Carrie Jones


April – Spring
Rainwater by Sandra Brown
Stormwatch by Jill Shalvis
Texas Rain by Jodi Thomas
Mum’s the Word by Kate Collins

May – The Elements
Dead Air by Mary Kennedy
Oceans of Fire by Christine Feehan
Dark Water by Sharon Sala
Unearthly by Cynthia Hand


June – Summer in the title
The Forever Summer by Suzanne Macpherson
The Summerhouse by Jude Deveraux
Summer Pleasures by Nora Roberts
One Reckless Summer by Toni Blake


July – Things you see in the summer time
Sail – James Patterson
Lifeguard – James Patterson
Code Name: Bikini – Christina Skye
Swimsuit – James Patterson

August – Titles with numbers in them
One For the Money by Janet Evanovich
Knit One, Kill Two by Maggie Sefton
Nine Lives by Sharon Sala
Just One Look by Harlan Coben


September – Titles with male character names
Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz
Martin Misunderstood by Karin Slaughter
Say No To Joe? by Lori Foster
Simon Says by Lori Foster


October – Vampires
Over My Dead Body by Michele Bardsley
Undead and Unworthy by Mary Janice Davidson
The Ultimate Bite by Crystal Green
Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris


November – Food
Cherry Bomb by J.A. Konrath
Delicious and Suspicious by Riley Adams
Delicious by Susan Mallery
Sprinkle with Murder by Jenn McKinlay


December – Christmas titles
The Twilight Before Christmas by Christine Feehan
A Very Merry Christmas by Lori Foster
Better Naughty Than Nice by Jill Shalvis (anthology)
Christmas Getaway by Anne Stuart (anthology)

No comments: