Sunday, March 20, 2011

Spring Has Sprung

I haven't been feeling 100% lately.  Not enough energy to even get online much less commit to keeping up the blog.  I'm slowly gaining my strength and energy back which is much needed to maintain things around here.  As for the writing, I've done more in the past few weeks than I have all year.  There's an urgency with the desire.  Something I don't always feel when it seems all is well.  But let me worry about my health, and my muse kicks into high gear.  Everyday things turn into poems (I've been writing some haiku and cinquain - two of my favorite forms of poetry), people turn into characters.  Life is just richer.

My reading has been minimal, especially when all I felt like doing was lying on the couch and watching TV just because the sound of the characters' voices kept me company.  Speaking of television, House is my latest favorite show.  I didn't watch it when it first came out years ago, but caught a marathon one afternoon and fell in love with all of the characters.

But about my reading...if I'm keeping up with my reading challenge, I'm still on a book from February.  The book itself is slow at times, but I'm giving it a chance.

Hopefully, I'll be back again soon.

No comments: