Friday, April 22, 2011

PAD Challenge Day 21

Yesterday's prompt: Write a second thoughts poem.  You could have second thoughts about something you've done or thought in the past.  You could write about someone (or something) else having second thoughts.  Or you could even take a poem you wrote earlier in the month and flip it in a new direction.

I've had tons of second thoughts (more like regrets), so this could be wide open.  I went with another villanelle, and not a real serious idea.  Still no mastery with this form, but I keep trying.   

On Second Thought

I planned to pen a villanelle today.
Of all the forms, I had a second thought
about what I would write, what I would say.

My initial idea had gone astray
now missing from its' original spot,
I planned to pen a villanelle today.

Wouldn't it be nice if my brain obeyed?
Wouldn't it be nice if it did what sought?
About what I would write, what I would say.

However I can get the words to stay
will be the challenging part and hard fought.
I planned to pen a villanelle today.

They swirl and then blur, the images frayed.
I reach out, but they don't want to be caught
about what I would write, what I would say.

Hopefully, they will soon come out to play.
These priceless flickers of hope can't be bought.
I planned to pen a villanelle today
about what I would write, what I would say.

No comments: