Friday, April 08, 2011

PAD Challenge Day 8

Today's prompt was to write a 'ready to celebrate' poem.  The first thing I thought of was my oldest son's upcoming graduation from high school.  He can't wait, I can't wait.  We're all excited.

Here was my effort:

Graduation

From a backpack on your shoulders
to the weight of the world,
we walked hand in hand.
From a waxy, rainbow-filled box
to a cap and gown,
your first drawing still held with a magnet.
From the first grade spelling bee winner
to National Honor Society nominee,
my heart burst with pride.
From lopsided grins in wooden frames
to a handsome young man,
nothing could be more beautiful.
From tackling playground monkey bars
to designing your own video games,
a bright future emerges.
From your first day of school
to your soon-to-be last,
I've cherished every moment.

No comments: