Saturday, April 09, 2011

PAD Challenge Day 9

Today's prompt:  Write a time of day poem.  In fact, make the title of your poem the time of day.  For instance, "5:54a.m.," "2:23p.m.," "Midnight," etc.  Then, write your poem...

I was gone most of the day - we went to the Dallas Car Show - and then I was exhausted afterward.  I wondered how in the world I was going to make today's prompt in time, but managed to sneak one in before midnight (my time).  When I sat down to write, the words came easily (thank goodness) and I was pretty happy with this attempt. 

11:30

A hush so quiet
the night places a finger
over the black velvet sky
sprinkled with tiny diamonds and
the yellow-white glow
of a street lamp
plays peek-a-boo
behind a front yard tree
while crickets chirp
and fingers tap keys

No comments: