Sunday, May 01, 2011

Poetic Bloomings

I thought I'd take a break from writing today since the Poetic Asides Poem-A-Day Challenge ended, but a new venture between two awe-inspiring poets from the same challenge sprouted, and I couldn't resist participating.  I'll be adding my meager attempts, and hopefully learn more about poetry along the way. 

I had a headache most of the day.  Managed two very small poems (only posted one) at Poetic Bloomings.  The first prompt was to write a "seed" poem.


*Forget-Me-Not

Soil under fingernails
disrupts the earthworm.
Seeds scattered and buried.
Sunshine and water brings to
life the bright blue petals
with a butter yellow center.

*This poem was a pretty simple idea because I just couldn't dig up much more, but it does hold a lot of meaning, for me anyway, because the packet of forget-me-not seeds I'd planted was a sympathy gift from our vet after our cat, Storm, died a couple years ago.

Brown Thumb

I try to coax life
from the tiny seeds,
but my fumbling brown thumb
could wilt a silk plant.

No comments: